Monday, March 11, 2013

A trip to the Dentist

I have been on my own for many year now and one thing I haven't done regularly enough is go to the dentist. Some of you may think it is because I have a healthy fear of characters like Steve Martin's Orin Scivello -D.D.S from Little Shop of Horrors


or maybe Laurence Olivier's Szell from Marathon Man


but you would be wrong. My father was my dentist for a large part of my life. Then when he sold his practice and semi-retired, I was fortunate enough to try out many of the other dentists who came to work at the office. Some were very good, but none of them as skilled as my father.

No it isn't any fear of the dentist, it is a fear of insurance. I have not gone to the dentist since 2006 when I was no longer on my parents dental plan.Now I have great coverage at Bugil, and so, this weekend I went to U.S. Dental in Seoul of a check-up and cleaning.

The cleaning took some time as you may imagine from a hiatus as long as mine. The hygienist was thorough removing the plaque from my teeth and giving them a nice polish. I also got some x-rays to make sure there were no hidden cavities. There a two spots of concern but nothing large enough to warrant a filling. A total success for me, considering I do not floss as much as I should. Now that my teeth a clean my mouth feels fresh. If you are searching for a dentist in Korea I would research U.S. Dental.

Cheers, JaM's

No comments:

Post a Comment