Friday, August 23, 2013

Back to Korea - New job!!

Well, now that I'm back in Korea it's time to make an announcement: I HAVE A NEW JOB!!! That's right folks, I will no longer be teaching at Bugil Academy. Over the summer, many disappointing actions from Bugil prompted my decision to leave. I applied for and was miraculously accepted to teach English at Dankook University in their General Education department. I have been given a 1 year contract and a lot more responsibility. This is a great step for my resume and confidence.

 Dankook is literally just down the road from Bugil. It is the closest university I could possibly have taught at and my commute to work in the morning is only a fraction longer than what it was to get to Bugil. Since I have a bicycle, it will only take 20 mins or so to get there.



Considering how stressed I was the last few months at Bugil, I am very happy for this change. JM is still teaching physics at Bugil with the Global Leader program and they are not associated with the department I was previously working in. The hardest part about leaving is that I did not get to say goodbye to my students and I have been struggling with this. I went to visit Bugil twice this week already, but it was really hard. I love those students wholeheartedly and I would do anything for them. Unfortunately, things did not work out at Bugil, so I'm really looking forward to a fresh start with my Dankook students!

Jennika



Given to me by the dean - my certificate of employment, in a blue velvet folder!

No comments:

Post a Comment