Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Day with Family

In April, the day I moved to Montreal, my brother flew into Halifax. I missed him by 12 hours. For awhile, I thought that was my last chance to see my brother before we move to Korea. Just before our trip to Niagara, however, I found out that he would be back in Nova Scotia until the twelfth of July. We debated going on our birthday vacation, but we decided to go and make a mad dash to Halifax to see my brother before he left for Florida. Getting on the road was a bit of a struggle. Logging so many hours in the car wears you down and Jennika’s apartment was a welcome refuge. We gritted our teeth and headed to Halifax.


I did get to see my brother. A few times in fact; we met at the Jazz Festival when we arrived, had a picnic with my parents in Point Pleasant Park, supper at the Henry House (Michel and I both had the Ultimate Burger), and finally a night at the Pogue Fado. As always it was nice to see my brother. 


Momma K catching Michel juggling only 2 apples.




 
At the Pogue, I had also invited a few of my friends to join in my farewell to Halifax. It was great to catch up with my Hali peeps, but I wish I’d had more time to talk to each of them. Thanks so much to everyone who came out. You folks in the maritimes are fantastic; I will miss you in Korea - please come visit! 


We are now on our way to Arichat, my hometown, to start my medical appointments. Gotta get all my vaccines and my health checked out before I go to Korea.

Cheers, JM

1 comment:

  1. Oh, *that* brother... :) It was nice to catch up. Also, I finally added your blog to Reader, so I actually read it now. Good luck getting your i's dotted and t's crossed with the Korean authorities. ~Aldona

    ReplyDelete