Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The week the women left.

The biggest draw back about this whole setup Jennika and I have going is the mismatched holidays. It amounted to Jennika being able to go back home for about a month and to Thailand for 12 days. I might be a little jealous but there are still lots of perks to my gig.

While Jennika left the apartment didn't go to seed, but it wasn't spik and span either. It did afford me to indulge in some of my geeky tendencies. I read a few books; American Gods, Violencs: Six Sideways Reflections, God in Pain, and a nice scifi classic Ender's Game which I do highly recommend.


Read some comic books Prelude to Planet Hulk, Planet Hulk, and X-Men House of M.

And even watched some anime
Indulged in some RPG by playing the update version of Final Fantasy 2 on the ipad. The apartment had a high geek aura to it. I wonder what color that is?

The Korean bbq crew also morphed a bit to going out to eat twice a week, once for bbq and another time for anything non-bbq, which has been dakgalbi more often then not. I even managed to get a co-worker to come out to dinner with me because eating at home by myself made me miss Jennika. We went out every night.

I'm happy that Jennika is back in town and so is my wallet.

Cheers, JaM's

2 comments:

  1. Ender's Game is great, although the followups kind of lost me. I really enjoyed the Ender's Shadow series though (much more than the remaining Ender books).

    Also, for anime, I really enjoyed the newest incarnation of Full Metal Alchemist, and Deathnote was pretty cool too, if you haven't seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ender's Game!! And the rest of the series, a must read.

    ReplyDelete