Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hiking Songnisan

My students had another field trip day after their midterms this week and we, native English teachers, got the choice of which trip to join. Since it's less likely that I will make my way to the Korean countryside on my own, I opted to take a trip to another national park to go hiking. This time we did Songnisan, which is in the next province. The hike was not easy. We did the Cheonwangbong course, which according to the website is a grade B (relatively severe slope) and 14.2km. Now, I'm still suffering from plantar fasciitis (see previous post) and when I asked about the hike I was told it was easy. I tend to forget that Koreans are mountain goats and 'easy' for them would be super hard for me. But I did it! My students were cheering me on and there were times I really didn't think I would get to the top. The view was beautiful and there were so many wild flowers along the way. It was a satisfying day! I just hope I don't pay for it tomorrow ...

The scene at the start of the trail
You can see how high you are climbing



Panoramic of the top of Cheonwangbong peak. What a view!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment