Friday, May 24, 2013

Sports Day at Bugil

One of my favourite days of the semester by far. Today all the students from the boys school and from the GLP competed in a sports day with their grade. Events included track, volleyball, basketball, soccer, tug of war, and ssireum, a traditional Korean wrestling sport. I loved watching my students compete - it was a great way to see their team spirit and also just them being teenagers! Not study robots. The best part? I got to play in a teacher vs. student soccer match! It's been ages since I've played any footie, but I put on my cleats and represented. I was the only foreigner and the only female playing! Really, I didn't do much. I think my students told me I touched the ball 3 times (it was only a 30 min game!). I've never been an aggressive soccer player; I'm much more keen to find myself in the right place at the right time. But the moment my students saw me run out, they started cheering and chanting my name. Made me feel loved! It was an all around awesome day.

The morning started out cloudy, but it cleared up fast!


Warming up is important kids!

Running to the stands

Ssireum - my students were good at it!



Photo Credits: Miz Bre - she took most of them. For some reason I spaced on taking pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment