Tuesday, September 10, 2013

When the unfathomable becomes reality ...

Today I received the news that I never thought I would get in Korea, let alone by email. My beloved 90 year old grandfather passed away peacefully in the hospital.

A celebration of life will be held in the future when everyone (except, unfortunately, me) can be present. There remains a hole in my heart. You will be greatly missed Grandad. <3
 
 
James Albert Soles
January 11, 1923 - September 9, 2013
My last day with my Grandad. We ate Dairy Queen and walked around the lakeside park.

My #1 supporter of education!

McGill Graduates!

The only picture I have of JM with my grandfather. He really liked JM. Even gave him the classic
soft glasses case to put in his breast pocket.

A nice one of my dad and his dad.


Making silly faces.


A nice one of Sarah and our G-pa



60th Wedding Anniversary

 
How I will forever remember my grandparents ... sitting in the comfort of their home at 5 Cummings Ave.
 

Grandad relaxing in my new inflatable chair (circa 1999)
My Grandad came to hang out in our basement fort.

My grandparents were present for every birthday, Christmas, communion, and more.


One of my favourite moments captured on film.
My favourite people in the world.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment