Sunday, August 12, 2012

Lost in Translation

Well, I have arrived in Korea!!! Late on Saturday night KST (Korean Standard Time) I got in the apartment, which is so beautiful - even more so than in the pictures - and all I wanted to do was shower and go to bed. So I found my towel, my pyjamas, and my shampoo. Then I encountered my first moment of poor English translation. I'm sure over the course of my time in Korea there will be many incidents to report. But this will probably always be my favourite one.

From the pictures of the apartment you may have seen our amazing shower. It has 2 heads and a few extra jets that can be turned on. It is very luxurious. My guess is that when engineering such a shower piece, they were trying to decide on an English name for their trademark. Something that would stand out. Something that reflected all their product was about. Showering is for the skin right? So why not call it FORSKIN®? This, my friends, is what I get to look at every morning when I take a shower. And every morning it makes my day. 

Our lovely shower


EPIC FAIL.

I wonder if anyone ever told them?

3 comments: