Sunday, August 19, 2012

The First Week of Teaching

Well the first week of teaching is now done. I teach four classes a day and have about four hours of prep, but I still feel like I'm struggling to keep up with planning. I'm hoping I can get on top of things this week and start getting ahead of the game soon.

My students are all very motivated and I can't wait to see them in physics problem solving action. Next week I'm starting Electricity and Magnetism with both my Physics B and Physics C courses. We should get to some hairy math and problem solving soon.

Here are some pictures of my walk up the school driveway.

This is the entrance to the school. Our baseball team has done very well. They won 29 games in a row. I think we will get to see them in action in September.

This is the girls residence. It is to the right when you enter the school grounds.

This is the first glimpse of the boys school in the distance. To the right are the tennis courts.

The Tennis Courts
Sand surfaced.

Here is a view of the soccer field with the gym and girls school in the distance.

The Global Leader Program is mostly held in Summit Hall.

Here is my desk in summit hall.

Next blog I will take you on a tour of my physics lab; the disorganization and a look at some of the equipment.

Cheers, JMS

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. They say first year of teaching is the worst. Have patience with yourself. Enjoy the students. Love you. Mom & Papa XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks great! How awesome that you can walk to work! I agree with your parents, the first time teaching has the most prep. Hang in there, I know you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete