Thursday, August 2, 2012

The flight to Korea


After a hassle with Delta Airlines over baggage, Jennika saw me off at Pierre Elliot Trudeau airport. Montreal to New York then to Detroit, it all went well. When I got to the gate for my departure I was bumped up to 1st class!!!! Fricking amazing! I was going to spend 12+ hours in first class. I sat down to a chair filled with swag and a electronically adjustable chair with a message button. Waiting on the tarmac, our pilot clued us in on some problems with the telecom system. We were grounded for over six hours, until they finally resolved the issue. (Got a coupon for delta and a meal in the airport gratis). I loved first class. I propped my seat into bed mode after we were on our way and had my four course meal with enough vino and port to make me tipsy. I woke up with two hours left in the flight watched some movies and got into Seoul without a hitch. 

At the airport Mr. Lee, the program coordinator for the Global Leader Program (my school), met me and drove me home. He spent the whole day at the airport waiting for me. Luckily he enjoyed watching the olympics. An hour and a half later we arrived at the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment