Sunday, April 21, 2013

Icheon Pottery Village

The last day of Gary and Karen's visit we decided to take a trip to the pottery village in Icheon. What ended up being a long bus ride, turned out to be a nice day! I needed to get to Icheon to buy my friend Katy a wedding present. I had decided to get her a traditional Korean tea set, but had yet to find one. I was also hoping to get my mom a present for the upcoming Mother's day. Pottery in any country is beautiful. I just love how local it is, and artistic.

We first stopped in a small park in Icheon for lunch before grabbing a taxi to the pottery village. All the cherry blossoms were blooming and it was a lovely place to relax and breathe in the fresh air.






The village itself was a cluster of shops where in the back the artists have a kiln and a wheel and create their masterpieces. Some shops you can see are more commercial, more about mass production. And others are studios, where the potter creates unique, one of a kind pieces that are more art, less utility.

 Gifts for Katy!
Vase for Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment