Sunday, April 7, 2013

Trip to the Philippines.

Over my springbreak, I left Jennika in Cheonan to go to Puerto Princessa in the Philippines with my parents. My parents have travelled to Asia to visit us for a month.

The grounds at Tres Pension. 


Before leaving, we booked our accommodations on Agoda for Tres Pension. It is a highly ranked  budget lodging near the city center. For the first part of the trip I was hoping to try lots of the local food;

  • La Terrase ~ served yummy world fare. I tried their tasty adobo.
  • The Gipsy's Lair Art Cafe ~ fun artsy atmosphere and delicious food. 
  • (I don't remember the name of this seafood joint) ~ Amazing smoothies... like to die for. 

The staff at Tres Pension were extremely helpful and booked us a tour to the Underground Rivers. The van ride to the underground river was a roller coaster ride that left two in our party with motion sickness. The river was beautiful and definitely merits its title as one of the natural wonders of the world.

Papa, Mom, and Me outside of the mouth of the cave. You can see it over my shoulder.
Our time at Tres Pension was cut short because we had only booked accommodations for the frist few days. We then went to Cooper's Beach Resort for the rest of our trip.

The view from the resort. We spent lots of time relaxing in those beach chairs. 
At the resort we booked a trip island hoping to three nearby islands for some snorkelling and sun tanning. We saw many of the same fish in Saipan. But it was a very pleasant day ended with a secluded island that was uninhabited except for us. I took a great nap there.

Napping in the shade of a tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment