Sunday, April 7, 2013

Inexplicable World of Korea/Picture of the Week #5

This recent discovery goes under both the Inexplicable World of Korea and the Picture of the Week because it is hilarious!!

So in Korea it is very common to see signs written in English with spelling and grammar errors. And frequently, it creates a very amusing image for native speakers. I find it incomprehensible how they don't ask someone to look over their publications before sending it for printing (I mean, if I were doing something in Korean, or even in French, I would always have a native speaker read over it). But on the other hand, I get a real kick out of it on days when I'm feeling particularly down about living here.

Last weekend, I was in Daegu for our ultimate frisbee games. On the way to the train station I found a crepe restaurant!!! Being as excited as I was to find this familiar dish, I took pictures of the window display and then the name of the place. That's when I realized that they missed a letter.

Yummy!!

Muahahaha!

Poor guys probably have no idea their sign says "I heart RAPE".

No comments:

Post a Comment